Our friends at TAC are leading the pack when it comes to savvy cycling. We’re joining their peloton to help share these top 10 tips for being Bike Bright this winter.
Being bright on your bike is about more than just being seen. Using all your cycling smarts is essential when out on the road. Check out the TAC’s top tips and let’s be Bike Bright together.
Cycling smarts come with experience.
- Know the basics. Be Bike Bright and brush up on the road rules.
- Service your bike. Study all the how-to’s and DIY, or visit your local bike store.
- Love lights. Be smart and stand out on the road with front and rear lights.
- Make an impression. Forget what’s in the mirror, the best-looking reflection is on your clothing, which keeps you seen and safe on the road.
- Get lost in the moment, not on your ride. Check your route first and then follow the map.
- The perfect ride takes planning. It’s not all about the destination, look for the brightest bike route for a safe journey.
- Dust off the indoor trainer. Interchange your road rides with home workouts. See our top training tips.
- Cross train for added strength. Improved fitness helps your riding form on the road.
- Live the dream with a clean machine. Keep your bike spick and span, including the chain and breaks.
- Safe cycling rules. Be a living legend and make sure your friends follow the road rules, too.
Follow us on social media @cadelroadrace for more insights about staying fit and strong, what the pros are up to in isolation and news from the Cadel Road Race community. And, check out the TAC’s Bike Bright competition – you could win a 12 month ZWIFT membership + a Jetblack Pro Fluid Trainer.