TAC People’s Ride – 125km participants
Saturday is forecasting high temperatures set to peak between 11am and 2pm, to keep everyone safe we wanted to share some suggestions to assist in your preparation for the TAC People’s Ride.
- Please ensure you are preparing in the 24 hours prior with adequate hydration and nutrition.
- Remember to start the ride with two full bidons and carry appropriate gels and snacks
- Make use of the aid and water stations on the course. Ice and shade will be available at aid stations with additional water tanks being installed around the course.
- Please advise the safety marshals or volunteers on course if you are experiencing any discomfort or feeling unwell.
If the predicted forecast conditions are reached on Saturday, we will activate heat precautions as follows:
- At 12pm a cut off will be implemented at the 108km mark (Yarra St / Brougham St intersection) with riders no longer be able to commence the Geelong Circuit and Challambra Climb during the hottest part of the day.
- An Aid Station at this intersection will be available for you to enjoy the start of the UCI Deakin University Women’s Elite Race – commencing at 12:20pm.
- At 12:40pm when the course reopens, riders will be then directed to complete the ride down Brougham Street through to the finish line on the Geelong waterfront.
- As a guide, the predicted average speed to pass the Yarra St/Brougham St Intersection before 12pm is approximately 23 km/hr.
For those riders committed to tackling Challambra but not confident of maintaining the pace outlined above, you are welcome to shift to the 50km event which includes the iconic climb through this link.